Avondale, Pennsylvania
1.8
Style and Design

Update by user Jun 02, 2016

Horrible business!Don't buy from them!

They do NOT accept responsibility for listing inaccurate/incomplete specifications of THEIR furniture that customers use as a basis for selecting what they buy! You will get SCREWED!!!!

They told me I'd need to order the next larger size (duh!) but oh, by the way, it's going to cost ME! 30% re-stocking charge that they generously reduced to 20% & over $200.00 to send the $601.00 50" TV console back to them. Need I remind anyone that this was THEIR mistake, not MINE!?! Being on a budget, this was not possible as I was going to have to pay the difference for the larger console plus the shipping of that item, so a $601 incorrect TV console was going to cost me over $600 to remedy.

In addition, the bridge was lost in shipment so 6 weeks after ordering, I still don't have it. The bridge is bolted to the piers (cabinets) on either side of the TV console. Yep folks -- this means that even IF I had the correct size TV console that truly fits a 50" TV, they would not have been able to assemble this unit (that I paid an additional $89 to have done). So, I have a wall unit that does not fit my TV lying all over my living room for the last 6 weeks.

I LOVE THIS unit but need the correct size TV console!

Worst company I've EVER bought from!DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

Original review posted by user Jun 01, 2016

Horrible business! Don't buy from them! This business does NOT accept responsibility for listing inaccurate/incomplete specifications of THEIR furniture that customers use as a basis for selecting what they buy! You will get SCREWED!!!!

They advertised an entertainment unit for a 50" TV (mine is 49"). Partial delivery came 4 weeks after ordering. Apparently what they advertised was not ASSEMBLED specifications which reduced the TV size to 46"! They wanted me to "tilt" my TV so I would keep it. Explained my TV was wall mounted. Paid for in-home delivery which meant the shipper delivered unit in blankets, not in boxes. GFD kept asking me if I had the boxes even though they knew how it was delivered!

I LOVE THIS unit but need the correct size TV console! I spent weeks of emails trying to come to some sort of amiable solution to fix this problem but to no avail. So much for "Satisfaction Guaranteed" - another false advertisement on their website. I had not choice but to dispute the charge with my credit card company who totally agreed with me & gave me a full refund.

I am legally bound to hold onto this unusable unit for 90 days so that they can arrange for pick-up, at which point I can literally throw it out. Now GreatFurnitureDeals.com wants to send me to collections! I had to get a lawyer! Worst company I've EVER bought from! DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

This reviewer shared experience about "poor customer service due to product not as described & incomplete delivery" and wants this business to "i pay for the piers & bridge & the difference between the 50" to 62" tv console (approx. $80); no re-stocking or shipment charges. we are 6 weeks into this problem with an incomplete delivery as well" as the author lost $1619. The author is overall dissatisfied with Great Furniture Deal and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about parker house tidewater wood furniture set from Great Furniture Deal was incorrect sizes advertised and you want me to pay for that and deceiving policies Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Great Furniture Deal.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Great Furniture Deal to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Great Furniture Deal?

Comments

GreatFurnitureDeal

*** Below Customer - Not Above

GreatFurnitureDeal

The above customer placed his order on 09/21/16 for two CUSTOM ordered (made in the USA) sofas.These take about 4 weeks to produce and 2-4 weeks to ship/deliver (It states on our website to allow 6-8 weeks for delivery as they are custom produced pieces).

The product shipped out on 10/26/16 (Still within the appropriate time frame)

The Customer called in requesting an update on 10/26/16 and filed a charge back with their credit card company after finding out they were not delivering that day.

The customer unfortunately did not understand the production time and delivery time associated with his order.

In our terms and conditions listed clearly on our site, it states that if an order is canceled after it ships, the customer is responsible for the return fees.

Since the customer filed a chargeback on this order with his credit card company, the order was stopped and returned according to the return policy.

The reason the customer did not receive the items is because of the charge back.We are only charging him the standard return fees associated with a return.

twinklesaz

They just put it on our credit report and we are trying to fight it!!It was for a 2 sofas and we never received anything!

they put it on our credit report for $1803. Order was place in September 2016 tried to cancel before furniture was constructed in Oct2016 only once finding out it was going to take much longer.

Now its April 2017 and we so a collection.

We filed a complaint with the federal trade commission and also with consumerfinance.gov and you can also file a complaint with utah attorney generals office.The federal trade commission said the more complaints they get on this illegitimate business they can open a class action lawsuit.

Utah Attorney Generals Office Link:

Federal Trade Commission Link:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=203&Url=%23%26panel1-6#crnt Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Link: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

to Anonymous #1312937

Dispute the charges with your bank - they will refund you like they did me.This scam artist has to prove they delivered the furniture with something signed by you accepting the delivery.

Once they are unable to do that & your bank refunds you, show that documentation to all 3 credit bureaus.

How they were even able to do that is beyond me without supporting document.This business needs to be shut down!

As listed in our Terms and Conditions we do our best to offer the correct information as listed by the manufacturer.Manufacturers list the dimensions of the widest point.

The dimensions are not listed as the TV width only the width of the console, as you can see in the image there is a lip to the front of the console.We do our best to offer the best available option however if an item doesn't fit for what the customer needs they will need to pay the fees as agreed to online when ordering.

to GreatFurn Avondale, Pennsylvania, United States #1312565

Bulls**t.No you cannot tell from the photo that there is a lip but frankly I shouldn't have to take a magnifying glass to study the photo on how it's assembled & then try to figure out if they measurements you provide are correct.

That is utterly RIDICULOUS!

How you can sell furniture & NOT hold yourself accountable for the sizes you specify is a bunch of ***.It is not up to the consumer to do your job for you.

to L Pace #1312873

I agree tell the ftc because if they get enough complaints the can open a file on them, I am also been told to file with Utah states attorney office, ando also Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Make sure to file complaint with all of them. I put links above