Great Furniture Deal - If I Had The Option, They Wouldn't Get Even One Star!

4 of 30 Great Furniture Deal reviews

Update added by user Jun 02

Horrible business!Don't buy from them!

They do NOT accept responsibility for listing inaccurate/incomplete specifications of THEIR furniture that customers use as a basis for selecting what they buy! You will get SCREWED!!!!

They told me I'd need to order the next larger size (duh!) but oh, by the way, it's going to cost ME! 30% re-stocking charge that they generously reduced to 20% & over $200.00 to send the $601.00 50" TV console back to them. Need I remind anyone that this was THEIR mistake, not MINE!?! Being on a budget, this was not possible as I was going to have to pay the difference for the larger console plus the shipping of that item, so a $601 incorrect TV console was going to cost me over $600 to remedy.

In addition, the bridge was lost in shipment so 6 weeks after ordering, I still don't have it. The bridge is bolted to the piers (cabinets) on either side of the TV console. Yep folks -- this means that even IF I had the correct size TV console that truly fits a 50" TV, they would not have been able to assemble this unit (that I paid an additional $89 to have done). So, I have a wall unit that does not fit my TV lying all over my living room for the last 6 weeks.

I LOVE THIS unit but need the correct size TV console!

Worst company I've EVER bought from!DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

Original review posted by user Jun 01

Horrible business! Don't buy from them! This business does NOT accept responsibility for listing inaccurate/incomplete specifications of THEIR furniture that customers use as a basis for selecting what they buy! You will get SCREWED!!!!

They advertised an entertainment unit for a 50" TV (mine is 49"). Partial delivery came 4 weeks after ordering. Apparently what they advertised was not ASSEMBLED specifications which reduced the TV size to 46"! They wanted me to "tilt" my TV so I would keep it. Explained my TV was wall mounted. Paid for in-home delivery which meant the shipper delivered unit in blankets, not in boxes. GFD kept asking me if I had the boxes even though they knew how it was delivered!

I LOVE THIS unit but need the correct size TV console! I spent weeks of emails trying to come to some sort of amiable solution to fix this problem but to no avail. So much for "Satisfaction Guaranteed" - another false advertisement on their website. I had not choice but to dispute the charge with my credit card company who totally agreed with me & gave me a full refund.

I am legally bound to hold onto this unusable unit for 90 days so that they can arrange for pick-up, at which point I can literally throw it out. Now GreatFurnitureDeals.com wants to send me to collections! I had to get a lawyer! Worst company I've EVER bought from! DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Incorrect sizes advertised and you want me to pay for that
    • Deceiving policies
    • Horrible experience

Reason of review:
Poor customer service due to product not as described & incomplete delivery
Preferred solution:
I pay for the piers & bridge & the difference between the 50" to 62" TV console (approx. $80); no re-stocking or shipment charges. We are 6 weeks into this problem with an incomplete delivery as well.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Parker House Tidewater Entertainment Unit
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #858118 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Great Furniture Deal? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 30 Great Furniture Deal reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Great Furniture Deal. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Great Furniture Deal.
Filing a new complaint about
×